These are the minimal practices which guide a person in everyday life and ensure peace, material and spiritual prosperity.
- Worship God (Deva Yagna) in the form of a family deity (Ishta Devata) in the home shrine through prayers and meditations. Tradition says that “a family that prays together stays together.”
- Study Vedas and other scriptures (Brahma Yagna). This practice refreshes one’s mind with sacred knowledge and also helps to preserve and enrich such knowledge.
- Contemplate on the teachings of the sages, saints, holy men and women, and one’s forefathers (Pitri Yagna). This practice is intended to serve as a reminder to preserve, enrich and continue one’s cultural heritage and family values.
- Bhuta Yagna:- This practice is intended to create the spirit of sharing with others.
- Nara Yagna:- This practice is the basis for the traditional hospitality of Hindu households.