The transmission of human life is a most serious role in which married people collaborate freely and responsibly with God the Creator. It has always been a source of great joy to them, even though it sometimes entails many difficulties and hardships.
However the birth control aimed at limiting population has:-
- Demeaned motherhood and most women thing that it is the most backward thing to go for.
- Only child of parents are a spoiled lot and think of themselves as little emperors or empresses.
- The act of sex has been divorced from marriage and procreation
- Modern contraceptives have given many an exaggerated sense of safety and prompted more people than ever before to move sexual expression outside the marriage boundary.
- Sexual union in marriage ought to be a complete giving of each spouse to the other, and when fertility (or potential fertility) is deliberately excluded from that giving something valuable is lost. A husband will sometimes begin to see his wife as an object of sexual pleasure who should always be available for gratification.